Pages

Monday, April 17, 2017

Unconditional Love



So we bombed Afghanistan.  I'm sure I can't even begin to understand the complexity of that decision, but what I do know is that the death of others isn't something to celebrate.

When I opened my Facebook App on the morning of April 13th, I was completely disgusted to see a status posted by someone who has been such a major influence in my younger years where he was celebrating how hardcore America is and essentially the deaths that the bombing caused.  This broke my spirit, and actually impacted a large chunk of my day.

In my sadness, I was reminded of one thing:  No matter how ugly people can get, God loves each and every person just as much as he loves me.  That is unconditional love; the king of love that the God I serve extends to everyone.  Seeing bad things happen doesn't please God, and we shouldn't be celebrating it either.  Instead, we should be in prayer for peace and restoration.  We should be praying for these countries as well as our own.

Without prayer, without God - we fall apart.


Image result for romans 8:39


-jennilea

No comments:

Post a Comment