Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

A Lot to Say and Lifetime Movie Monday

It is amazing what all has happened in the last week!  Here we go.

Last week, I fell behind on my running.  This week, I picked up on running and hit 2.5 miles.  I have been extremely discouraged though, as I am about 5 minutes behind on the time I would like to have.  It has been a real struggle to keep on going with how far behind I feel.  Then I realize how far I have come.  7 weeks ago, it would have been impossible to run this much at this speed.  My ultimate goal is 3 miles in 30 minutes. I am currently at 2.5 miles in 31 minutes, and have 2 weeks to speed that up!  I am confident I can get there.

Zombie run is just 3 weeks away!

Also, I have come to realize that the things I eat really dictate how I feel during my run.  For dinner tonight, I had pizza.  I have never felt more disgusted after a run.  I can feel the pizza in my stomach.  My runs seem more successful when I fill myself with fruit, veggies, and chicken. I also need to drink more water throughout the day. 

Next, school.  I have been contemplating a lot lately.  Is Sac State still my next move?  Should I attend a Christian College?  An online school?  Change my major?  What is it I really want?
I am almost done at American River College, and will be graduating with degrees in Liberal Arts and Commercial Music.  My next step was to go to Sac State and work towards a Bachelor degree in Music Business.  A career in music business is no easy to reach - if even possible while living in Sacramento.

The most excited I have been about a possible job is when I heard there was an opening at Air1 as a promotions manager (it is no longer available).  I spoke with Chelsea, the lead promotions manager, and asked what her major was:  Communications.  It hit me about two days ago, maybe a Communications degree would be best for me.  There is definitely a lot more that I can do, in this area, with a degree in Communications.  So, there we have it,  At Sac State, I will be a Communications major with an emphasis on Public Relations.  I am very excited, and hopefully, one day, I will be able to get on board with Air1.

Finally, social media.  I notice I am spending way too much time on Facebook.  As a result, this week, I will be accomplishing one of the goals on my list:  "Avoid Facebook for 1 week."  Not just Facebook though, I will be avoiding all forms of social media.  So, if you need to get in touch - text me or give me a call. :]

Now, it's time for...
Lifetime Movie Challenge Monday!

A friend and I began a game we like to call the Lifetime Movie Challenge.  Most people know that all Lifetime movies have outrageous plots that involve drugs, sex, murder, adultery, a douche bag guy, pregnant teen, etc.  While discussing this, we decided to look up some movie names.  After hearing the names, we decided to guess what the movies might be about.  I will now demonstrate this genius!

Lifetime Movie:  "Baby Monitor: Sound of Fear"

My guess:  A couple finally has a baby.  A jealous friend, who is unable to have children, decides she wants the child for herself.  As a result, she breaks in, locks up the couple, and takes the baby.  The entire thing - heard over the baby monitor...the couple tracks the woman down.  She somehow ends up dead.  Baby is returned.  Happy ending.

What do you think the story is about?  

Answer:  "A neglectful mother overhears her husband on the telephone at their workplace talking with their babysitter. She discovers they are having an affair and are going to have a baby. She concocts an evil plan to win back her husband and remove the girl and baby. Two men are hired to kill the girl and hold the son hostage in order for her to play the hero and reclaim her husband. The plan hits a snag when the criminals enter the wrong apartment."


In other news, "Ancient Egyptians would mourn the death of cats by shaving off their eyebrows."
(Follow Uber Facts on Twitter)


-jennilea

No comments:

Post a Comment