Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

I Stopped Breathing...

This week has been busy, exciting!  I have been training for this Zombie 5k and Obstacle course for 9 weeks, and this was the weekend of participation.  I was totally jazzed for it,

Up early to run from zombies!

After the run



I was up, bright and early, to participate in the Zombie Run in Temecula!  I had been preparing by running on a trail in Rio Linda, however, this run was more uphill than anything.  I learned very quickly that I would be unable to run the entire thing - but I did sprint at all areas containing zombies, and successfully made it through all obstacles.  There were 12 obstacles set up, including hills, mud, electric wires, crawling, jumping, climbing, and zombies.  When my first flag was pulled,  I had just gotten out of a huge group of zombies, and ran right into another one.  I was lucky enough to dodge all other zombies, especially before entering a maze, where there were 5 zombies chasing me! At the last quarter mile, when one zombie, who grabbed onto my shorts, took my second flag.  The final obstacle was to crawl under and electric fence.  I got a wee shock on my shoulder blade, and came out strong!  I ran through the gate marked "alive."  And let out a huge sigh of relief!  Clothes covered in mud, we ran into the lake to rinse off, then donated out shoes, found out our time (1 hr 22 mins), and headed back to San Diego.  This was such a great experience, and worth every single moment!

Now, it is time to train for the "Run to Feed the Hungry" 10k!  No rest!  I am really starting to love running.  These events make all the training worth it.  iLoves <3

The next goal I completed was to go to Venice Beach.  It was the nicest beach I have even been to. I would love to live that close to the ocean...It was amazing.  The water felt perfect and the sand was soft and clean!    The waves were not too intense.  It made me think on my surfing goal.  I can't wait to get there!
While in Southern California, we stayed with my sister, Tara.  She is definitely someone who I look up to, and it was great being able to spend some time with her. This time, it was wedgie free!  We went to La Jolla, which is one of my favorite places to go!  We saw lots of seals, including one little guy who kept making a sexy pose.  Haha.

I really enjoyed all of the time with my family, and can't wait for our next wee trip. 
So far, I have completed 47 out of 99 goals on my list.  I have 2 more to add until it is complete!

By request, I have also added to hike Half Dome at Yosemite (Nick), and take a belly dancing class (Ashley).  Thank you for your suggestions.  I am happy to add them!  I also decided to add on going swing dancing, just because it looks fun!

Finally, because it is Monday:  LIFETIME MOVIE MONDAY!

Title:  Making Mr. Right

My guess:  This movie has to be the classic girls betting against one another to make the nerd kid popular.  Of course the girl falls in love with him, the friend spoils the relationship by telling of the bet.  Drama happens.  They both love each other and end up together.  OR Lifetime can get super crazy, and once the boy finds out he was just a bet, he goes on a psycho rampage.  

Real story:   "Uptight female magazine editor, Hallie Galloway, is the very definition of a successful woman. Ambitious, sharp, and focused, Hallie is close to the promotion that she s worked so hard to achieve. Everything is coming together for her professionally, but she s about to get a curve ball she didn't expect.
In a modern-day reversal of My Fair Lady, Hallie makes a bet with her best friend that she can transform a scruffy con man into her magazine's 'Bachelor of the Year.' A shave and a haircut later, he's revealed as a handsomely charming rogue. Hallie teaches him manners and etiquette, while he teaches her to live in the moment. As sparks fly, love sets out to conquers the class divide."

I was pretty close.

In other news:  "MC Hammer once challenged Michael Jackson to a dance-off."
(Follow Uber Facts on Twitter)

-jennilea


No comments:

Post a Comment