Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Lights Shine Bright - 2020

Yo. This year has been ridiculous right?! I know I’m not the only one feeling it.

Yesterday I was driving and going through my mental checklist of everything that has gone wrong each month this year. That cycle of negative thoughts sure had the power to kill the goodness in your life if you let it.

As I was going through, I got to June and paused. Not because things haven’t happened this month, but because what the heck am I doing? Why am I dwelling on all of these bad things? In all of these months, we’ve had some incredible things happen too, but I’ve allowed the negative to overtake every positive.
Read. That. Again.
I allowed this to happen. I’ve chosen to keep a running list of the negative. I’ve chose to to sit and dwell on things that aren’t worth my time. Focused on thoughts and opinions of others who really don’t hold much weight in my life to begin with. I’ve chosen to be angry instead of letting things go. I chose.
Just like I’m choosing to see the good now.

The reality is that there have been so many bright spots and bright people over these last 6 months. I’ve seen God MOVE and felt His presence and peace when it really didn’t make sense to have peace. I’ve had support and love from every person who matters in my life - and even from people who I don’t know well. If you ever want a tribe of social media friends and strangers cheering you on, do #75hard. I heard words of encouragement from all over and those people helped me push through those hard days.
My marriage, guys! Brian and I have never been in more sync than where we are now. We’ve taken so much time to read, talk, seek counsel...and we are seeing the fruit of it all in how connected we are. Seeing him parent Brenli leaves me in awe of just how blessed we are to have him in our lives. I’m so in love.

This year has been so so crazy, but so has God’s goodness through it all.

If there is anything I’ve learned in life, it’s that lights shine brighter when it’s dark. There are a whole lot of lights in my life. šŸ’š


No comments:

Post a Comment