Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2017

100 Days & Counting

I woke up on Friday, and it was an interesting feeling knowing that I had an actual choice to workout.  The 100 Days of Fitness challenge was complete, and through the thing I told myself that I would take day 101 off. When I got there though, I didn't want to take a day off. For the last 100 days I've told myself that there would be no excuses not to workout, so as day 101 approached I found that I've conditioned myself to that mindset.  I still don't have excuses, so I'm still going strong.

What does that mean now?  I am not limiting myself to any number of days, I'm just going to keep going.  As for the videos, I'm not going to be posting daily because it is really kind of a hassle, especially when I'm in the gym on my own.  But when I do cool/different things, I'll definitely be posting, but probably more on Snapchat than any other outlet - so follow me @JennileaL if you don't already!

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for...my results:

I didn't take measurements the day I started, which is a bummer! The only measurements I have are from about 8 weeks ago, so I know I've lost more than what I have documented, but here is what I have from that point:
Weight Loss:  19 lbs
Inches from 8 weeks ago to now:
Hips: -3 inches
Thighs: -2 inches on each side
Arms: -1 inch off of each arm
Chest: - 1 inch
Glutes: - 2 inches
Calves: -.75 inches on each side.

The photo on the lefts side was taken in September of last year. From the time that photo was taken to the beginning of my 100 day challenge, I had gained about 6 lbs - so I was actually in worse shape by then.

Today, I am confident and so incredibly proud of the changes I've made, the new habits I've formed, and the "no excuses" mentality I've adapted to.  My new motto is definitely that "discipline always wins over motivation," which is something my trainer Jamie has instilled in me.  It's completely true too!  There were several days where I didn't have the motivation to go, but the discipline from this challenge was enough to get me off the couch and into the gym!  This challenge has been completely life-changing for me.

Thanks for following my journey!  I'll be sure to keep updating you along the way as I continue to make changes!  If you're looking to see some results, start the challenge.  It may feel impossible, but I promise it can be done...and it's completely worth it. :)

-jennilea

No comments:

Post a Comment