Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Catching up: Swimming With Sharks



Hey folks!  Another blogging hiatus, as life gets busy.  You would be happy to know that I have been busy working away on my day zero project!  I now have 80 goals completed of my 101!  

In November, Jessica, Katie, Nic, and I began on a journey to Washington to visit Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, where we swam with 17 sharks!  This includes many big guys, and a few little ones:


We were dressed in dry suits, which kept our clothing dry underneath. It was pretty cool.  We were trained on how to breathe with neat little masks, learned a few signs, and began our journey.

When I initially stepped into the cage, I was a bit overwhelmed, trying to remember to breathe, and seeing all of these sharks.  I was also the first one in the cage, so it felt weird.  Eventually, everyone made it down, and they opened up the cage doors.  It was such an amazing experience, and made me love sharks even more.

The only part I really became nervous, was when one of the blacktip reef sharks was swimming directly towards me, while the cage doors were open.  EEK!  He just kept on swimming by though.  The sharks did not even seem to care that we were there.  

I really felt like I accomplished something great, and it was awesome to do it with my closest friends. :]

Watch for my next post, featuring Midtown Stomp!

-jennilea



No comments:

Post a Comment