Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Results Are My Addiction

My friend sent me a photo of me he had found - and I hated it. I looked in the mirror and cried at what I saw.

I hated my body and the fact that I had come so far - and then let it all go again. I felt defeated and as if my body was just not meant for change. I thought to myself, "This is who I am forever...."

I was wrong.

The problem wasn't in my body, or the fact that it would never change; the problem was in my mind. Your thoughts are convincing. Of course, right? They come from us, so why wouldn't we believe them. The problem is that those thoughts were the easy way out from making a life changing decision.  Thank God I had made progress before - because I could have easily believed the lie that my body was just this way forever. I wasn't meant to be fit.

After being sad, I went through some other photos until I finally stumbled upon my progress photos from when I first started with Jamie at The Dungeon. Within the first 8 weeks I had lost 32 inches! If I could do it then, what exactly would be stopping me now? So, I made a choice to change my mindset. I told myself I could do this - and that I would see results and they would become an addiction.

4 weeks later, I'm seeing results and, sure enough, I'm addicted.

I'm not just addicted to the fact that I'm seeing inches and points leave - I'm also obsessed with the PRs I am setting each week! When I first started at The Dungeon, I was doing all of these crazy workouts, thinking to myself that I would never be able to complete the sets Jamie had planned for me. Sure enough, those sets would turn into my warm-ups. I started adding weights and numbers to my sets, pushing myself even harder and further each week.

Not only am I doing better in the gym, but also in the kitchen. Jamie gives us these individualized meal plans and they really go hand in hand with our training - both with the same objective, which is to meet our personal goals. A huge part of building the body you want is to stop filling it with garbage, and start feeding it the fuel it needs to continuously see change!

In the 4 weeks that I've been eating right and making every single workout, I have noticed I feel better, look better, and am even starting to enjoy taking photos again.

This is just the beginning. I can't wait to see where another 4 weeks will take me.

If you're wanting to make a change in your life, please check out The Dungeon if your are interested in making a change to your physique. Whether your focus is to stack on muscle, compete, get rid of fat, tone up, be healthy, or wherever else you might want - Jamie can help you get there through amazingly priced personal training as well as a personalized meal plan.

Don't be afraid to make that change you've always been wanting. You can do it.

-jennilea

No comments:

Post a Comment