Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Purpose

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." 
- Mark Twain

I've heard this quote many times before, but these words didn't mean much to me until I heard them again just a few weeks ago.

In 2010, God put a desire on my heart to put a youth conference together called Fuel the Fire.  After almost a year of fundraising, booking, scheduling, practicing, promoting, etc. the event finally came together.  We had over 500 people attend from all over California.  75 dedicated their lives to God that night.  The altar was filled with countless people who had a life changing experience that night.  At that point in my life, I really wanted to be on stage - singing for Jesus, not working behind the scenes.  However, this night changed everything. 

During altar call, I went to the back of the building we were using to just take in what God was doing that night.  I took this photo in complete awe at what He has used me for.  This event was bigger than anything I could have ever imagined; it had a real impact on lives - bringing people closer to who God wanted them to be.

Right after taking this photo, I realized what God wanted me to do.  Suddenly, putting events together had become my passion.  I especially loved booking and promoting. 

In the middle of my paramedic program at ARC, I switched to a major that would bring me closer to doing what I had become so passionate about:  Music Business. 

I was starting over - but it was completely okay because I knew where I was going.  I didn't exactly know how God had planned for me to get there - but I knew He had it covered.

Fast forward 5 years:  Just a few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to bring Air1 to the My City youth conference at Capital Christian.  During Hillsong Young and Free's worship set, I decided to snap a few photos of the event to add to our social media.  After taking this photo, I looked at it and had a moment of realization:  I'm right where God wants me to be - Doing the exact thing he had set a fire in me to do.  I am blessed with the opportunity to be used by Him daily in a full time ministry - working with music, connecting with people, and being led by God to make a difference in the lives of our listeners.

I feel such peace and joy;  I feel overwhelmingly blessed to be able to do something I am so incredibly passionate about - knowing I am right where He wants me to be.

God has such an incredible purpose for each of our lives.  There are no words to describe the feeling of knowing what that purpose is - and this is only the beginning of the wonderful things He is doing in my life.

On that note, I leave you with my favorite verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " -Jeremiah 29:11 

-jennilea

No comments:

Post a Comment