Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One week from today...

One week from today, I will be able to cross another thing off my list:  Get my AA.  I will be graduating from American River College with 2 AAs, and rightfully so.  I have been there far too long!

Commercial Music Business and Liberal Arts.  Music Business was what I was going for, but I ended up picking up Liberal Arts on accident.

On May 22nd, at 7:00pm, I will be walking across that stage, at American River College, to receive my degrees.  You are all invited.  I would like to hear my fan club cheer for me as I walk.  :]

I will be starting at Sac State in the fall, and am definitely nervous, but can't wait to begin this new and exciting chapter of my life.

Another goal I have been working on is with my guitar!  I am still working on that thing!  I recently purchased  Left-handed chord book from Lefty's in San Francisco, and that thing is amazing!  It is so much easier to read the chord charts.  Also, with classes wrapping up, I have found some time to spend with my mommy, who is teaching me Mirrors, by Justin Timberlake.

It amazes me how much talent my mom has.  She is brilliant!  I have really enjoyed spending the time with her.

Also, with the tough time I mentioned a few blogs back, playing the guitar has been one of the things that has helped me clam down and clear my head.  I feel so awesome.

I hope to be a better guitar player by the end of summer.

Speaking of summer, I have a trip coming up!  I am taking the week after graduation off of work and hope to knock a few things off of my list.  I am so excited to explore around Washington and possibly visit Canada!  By June, I should have 4 or 5 things to cross off of my Day Zero Project!

Finally, of course I have to talk about the Dungeon!  Alicia is my other half in the Dungeon!  I workout with so many amazing people in there, but she and I tend to workout together the best.  We both challenge each other, which is pretty neat.  We decided to take photos of our "guns" with our trainer, Jamie.  I am really proud of us and our progress!

I also have to mention Vanessa - she is so full of life and energy.  Her smile could light up a room.  She is always full of encouraging words and is another girl I truly enjoy working out with.

I also wanted to discuss my experience with the rope!  I added a goal to my list to be able to climb the rope, and I am getting closer each and every week!  This time I felt much stronger and was able to pull myself even higher than normal.  I actually attempted to climb the rope without any assistance, and failed, but hey, I am still working on it!  What really impressed me was the fact that I was able to hold my whole body up, even though I cannot quite climb it yet.  The photo on the bottom right in the collage is me working on the rope.  I cannot wait to get to goal on this one!

Through all of the tough things, life is turning out to be pretty awesome right now.

-jennilea

No comments:

Post a Comment