Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Recap and Progress

First, because the blog has began to get so many hits, I figured now would be a good time to reintroduce what I am doing here.  In January 2012, I began the Day Zero Project.  This project is a list (that I have created) of 101 things to do in 1001 days.  I did not want this to just be a list of random things; I wanted this list to mean something.  To me, this list is about being fearless. 

Taylor Swift says it best: “To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts, lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.” There are far too many things that I am afraid of:  Flying, heights, guns, snowboarding, surfing, etc.  There are so many things that can get you hurt if you are not careful.  My fears are keeping me away from living.  There are more car accidents than skydiving accidents or shark attacks.  The odds seem to be in my favor. 

In January 2012, I began on a journey to challenge myself in my fears, and to stretch myself as a person. I have decided to not allow myself to dream of things that will never happen.  To date, I have completed 63 of my goals, with 6 in progress, and 32 more to complete.  I've traveled to Europe, went skydiving, snowboarding, got fake arrested, held a tarantula, danced with strangers, rode a motorcycle, tried Ethiopian food, based all of my decisions off of a Magic 8 Ball for a day, started this blog…the list goes on.  This has, by far, been my best 475 days of my life!  It has led me to new experiences and some pretty exciting and awesome memories. 

Moving on, I have began reading "The Time Traveler's Wife," and I love it!  There are definitely some odd moments that make you think, "what in the world!?" For the most part, I really enjoy it.  Hopefully it will be finished by next week.

Next, we all know I have been working my butt off in The Dungeon with Jamie and Josh, so this week I decided to take a few progress photos.


I did not expect to see this kind of progress!  
The top two photos are from March.  My friend, Jessica had sent these photos to me, but I hated them, so I never saved them to my phone.  I am happy I kept the messages though because they are a great measurement of where I started.  
My hips and my back are what really amazed me!  I did not realize how horrible I looked while I was in that body, but seeing the progress - wow!
We work hard in The Dungeon, pushing ourselves through the breaking point and into a whole new level of fitness.  Everything is about tightening and toning!

I am finally starting to feel confident in myself, and for the first time, I feel as if my goals are actually reachable.  I am going to love this summer. :]
If you are really wanting to make a change in your body, please contact Jamie on the link above.  You will never regret a decision to make yourself more fit and healthy!

I've also decided to add another fitness goal to my Day Zero Project list: Climb the rope at The Dungeon!  Jamie, let's do this!

In other news:  "The world's most expensive swimsuit is a bikini that costs $30 million. It's made with more than 150 carats of diamonds all set in platinum."
(Follow UberFacts on Twitter)

-jennilea



     

No comments:

Post a Comment